1. What is Muay Thai?
- Muay Thai also known as “the art of eight limbs”, is a national combat sport of Thailand. It focuses on the combined use of first, elbows, knees & shins. Almost all techniques in Muay Thai use the entire body movement, rotating the hip with each kick, punch, elbow and block.
- Muay Thai is recognized as a very effective striking base within MMA, and is widely practiced among mixed martial arts.
- Muay Thai also puts a heavy focus on body conditioning. It is specifically designed to promote the level of fitness and toughness.
2. Why Should I Train at Ultima Muay Thai?
- We provide various levels of Muay Thai training to cater to different groups of needs. Our trained instructor will asses each individuals capability and cater to their needs.
- We focuses more on the body conditioning and cardio together with some basic techniques and finished up with a few rounds of 1-on-1 padding with our instructor.
3. Who can do Muay Thai?
- Muay Thai is suitable for everyone no matter experience, age or gender.
- In fact, most of our members are female and some do send their kids to train muay thai due to the various benefits that it offers.
4. Is it dangerous?
- No, not at all. We treat safety very seriously and as a result, all our workouts use high quality equipments and are always supervised by our instructors.
5. If I rarely do sports and have no background in martial arts, can I train?
- Definitely. Our well trained instructors will help and guide you step by step to achieve a new goal in your fitness level.
6. Okay, I am interested! What do I need to bring?
- You only need to bring spare cloth, shorts and your energy (lots of it). Handwraps and gloves are provided by the camp. We also sell handwraps and gloves in the camp if you need it.